Long-term or permanent disability can make you lose everything that you have in your life. Starting from your ability to work, income, and enjoy life’s basic pleasures, you will lose your chances from everything. So as soon as you become physically disabled ensure that you apply for a social security claim. You can learn more here about the social security claim.
What should you do?
- You need to complete the application related to social security disability.
- You need to contact a social security lawyer to make the process easier.
- Visit the social security office near you.
What is the information you need to provide?
There is a couple of information that the social security service will need to carry on with the claim:
- The social security services will need your age proof and social security policy number.
- All the contact details about the medical facilities that you have visited for your treatment.
- Medicine list and the dosage of all the medicines that you’re taking.
- All the diagnosis details of your physical malfunction.
- Work information on the places you have worked and what kind of work you do.
- The recent W-2 form or the if you were self-employed, you need to provide all the tax details.
What is the family information you need to provide?
You will need to provide the details about your family so that the social security services can understand your liabilities.
- The age proof and social security numbers of all the family members.
- If your spouse is applying for the benefits, then you need to provide your marriage certificate.
How can a lawyer help you with your claim?
A social security lawyer is someone who is dealing with the social security issues that commoners face. They will help the victim to file a lawsuit, calculate the compensation they will receive, and do the further needful so that the disabled person does not have to face any issues.
A lawyer dealing with social security cases for years will know the correct process of how to apply and derive the maximum benefits. They will file the application for you, ensuring no mistakes are made. Mistakes can lead to the denial of the application.
Social security services are strict with their deadlines, a lawyer will follow the deadline and abide by it. Missing the deadline might make your case invalid.